Since 2009 Victoria has had a new standard for building in bushfire prone areas. This means that every home built, renovated or extended within a bushfire zone must undergo a BAL Assessment to obtain a building permit. There are six standards that rate a property from low through to extreme risk.
This is where Alpha to Omega Group will use these standards to give you a report ensuring your property meets the required regulations.
- We can give your property a health check for:-
- Ensuring an appropriate and safe building site location
- Non-combustible building material (depending on BAL rating)
- Advice on existing trees and foliage density
- Proximity to water sources
- Location of sheds and outbuildings